I just read Dan Roam's book "The Back of The Napkin" and highly recommend it. It's about how to solve problems with pictures by using your "visual thinking" abilities. It applies to any sort of problem. Your drawing/creative abilities are irrelevant, if that's a concern to you. I am a center-left brain person (i.e. more analytical), and can't really draw at all, but I do understand the power of images as a communication tool and am always looking for opportunities to draw business concepts on a whiteboard. In fact, I have dreams of being a probessional "business artist." But it doesn't matter which side of the brain you are in, the best thing about this book is that it gets you thinking towards both ends. It's a quick and simple read.
Below is an example of one of Dan's pictures from his blog where he, in just one sketch, shows Twitter's position in the online world. Coincidentally, the same day I read an article about Clique, a Japanese company that allows you to twitte based on Morse code, could that be what comes after Twitter?
No comments:
Post a Comment